Thursday, September 19, 2013

Are you wise?  Do you always know the right thing to do?  The right thing to say?  If not, join my club.  I've got a situation going on in my life right now that no matter what I do, I will be choosing, and I hate that.  Have you ever been caught in the middle of something?  Not knowing which way to turn? When in doubt about what to do, I do nothing until I get some real wisdom.  The Godly kind.

James 1: 5-8  "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that gives to all men liberally, and doesn't upbraid you;  and it shall be given to him.  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.  For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.  Let not that man think that he shall receive anything of the Lord.  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Don't you get frustrated with people who say one thing one day, and another thing the next?  They are always wavering.  Back and forth, going along with whoever they happen to be with at the moment.

I want people to tell me the truth.  Don't be double minded.  Don't waver.  Be the same all the time.

Did you ever watch waves tossing sea grass to and fro.  Whichever way the wave goes, that is the way the reeds go.

Wisdom involves searching out answers to problems and talking to God about your choices.  If you have faith, God says he will give you answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment