Tuesday, September 24, 2013

This verse is one we have all heard before, or memorized.  James 1:17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."

God is the great giver.  You can't out give him.  Everything good comes from him.

 I have a habit of praying for a parking space close to the door of the places I need go.  It's easier for Ken to get in.  It's easier for me as well.  It's uncanny the way they appear when I need one.  They come, from above.  From the Father--when I really need it.

I don't recommend that you pray for that particular thing, I'm not advocating pie in the sky, but whatever your need, God can supply it.  I just happen to need to get into doctor's offices, etc. as easily as possible.

Why are we surprised when God gives us what we need?

He is the Father of Lights.  He doesn't cast a shadow.  He doesn't turn away from us.  He doesn't vary from one moment to the next.  He is our provider.

If you think you or your spouse is your provider, you haven't had a real crisis in your life.  God is the provider.  He gives the gifts.

And we don't need the same things.  Right now, in my life the only thing I really need is a parking space near to the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment