Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The tenth chapter of Hebrews is full of important verses.  I want to talk about all of them, but I would never get through the book if I did!!

Heb. 10: 24, "And let us consider one another,   to provoke unto love and to good works:"

Consider one another.  Provoke.  Consider--to provoke.

Consideration and courtesy don't seem to be very present in today's society.  But we are challenged to consider each other for a common Christian purpose.  The good of others.

But how do you be considerate and provoke someone at the same time.  You do it with love for the intended  purpose.  For the result:  To challenge others to do good works.  In the name of our God.

My class at church is very good at this.  "Would you help me cook dinner for this family who need some help?" someone will ask.

How can you refuse.  It may not be convenient at the moment, but the women in my class seem to get the job done.  We provoke each other to do good works.  That's the point.  If you are a Christian, you are supposed to do good.  Your works don't make you a Christian, but are a result of your "…holding fast to your profession of faith."

I really don't like to be provoked.  I'd rather be the provokee.




No comments:

Post a Comment