Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hebrews 11:6  "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

I can't figure out what God looks like.  So when I   "…come to him…",   I am always trying to figure out  where he is.  How he is listening to me.  What is he doing?  Is he sitting down or standing up?  Is he visible with Spiritual eyes?  Is there a correct way to talk to Him?

Sometimes I find myself drifting because I have a hard time focusing on something I can't see.  But I keep on trying to talk to him.  I don't know if you could call it prayer;  it's move like an ongoing conversation.  But the thing that keeps me praying is faith.  I am diligently seeking his will for my life.

 I know, that even though I don't seem to have a good handle on exactly how to do prayer, that God hears me.  God is listening.  He is on my side.  He loves me.  I know He is there.  That is faith mixed with assurance.  That is "a lively" hope that comes from a firm grip on prophetic scripture and recorded history.  My faith is built on Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.  Facts.

So I know it pleases him when I talk to him.   Because the opposite of the statement: "…without faith it is impossible to please him…"  is:  that if we have faith, we please him.

Faith is a funny thing.  It feels good.  You want everyone else to have some.

Share your faith.  That's what it means to spread the gospel.





No comments:

Post a Comment