Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I think that I told you that when I go out to get the paper each morning, I look up and tell God what a good job He has done in creating our beautiful world.  I like to start the day by praising Him, because before the day is over I will almost certainly be asking for something.  As the day goes by, I become more concerned with all I have to do.  With problems.  But in the morning, my mind is clear.

I didn't even know there was a verse on that subject until I started reading the Psalms again.  Maybe I had read it years ago, and it stuck in my brain.  I don't know.  I know that the Bible says, "My word will not return unto me void, but will accomplish that which I have prospered it."  So if I read it years ago, it stuck somewhere and His word returned to my mind.

Psalms 5: 1-2  "Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto you will I pray.  My voice shall you hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning I will direct my prayer unto you, and will look up."

When you look up  you may see the sun rise, or like today--fog.  Whatever it is, it feels good to look up and say "Hello" to God.

I also raise my hands to the sky.  It humbles you.

No comments:

Post a Comment