Monday, December 9, 2013

Psalms 49: 15  "But God will redeem my soul...for he shall receive me."  I know where Ken  is.  He has been redeemed by God.  "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."  Substance.  Evidence.

A friend who is a Methodist minister said, "If our loved ones are with the Lord,  and the Lord is always with us, then our loved ones must be close by."

Paul said it this way when he wrote to the Hebrews about our forefathers.  "…seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, (those who have gone on before us) let us lay aside every weight…and let us run with patience the race that is set before us."  Heb. 12:1  I just have to suck it up and run the rest of my race.

I like to think of those who have gone before me as Paul described:  A cloud of witnesses.  Their lives and witness are a standard for us to follow.

Psalms 46:1-2a  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear…"

There are good days, and there are not so good days.  But God is truly a defense (refuge) and offense (strength).  He supplies (helps me) what I need to get through these days of grief.  The weather has been so terrible that I have been house bound and that makes it lonely.  But people are so good.  Every day there are cards.  I am not alone even through I am by myself.

Thank you for your prayers.  The thing about a not so good day is that I know I'll have a better one tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment