Thursday, December 5, 2013

Today will be interesting.  Sleet, ice, freezing rain and snow.  The snow is not so bad, but rain freezing on power lines and freezing limbs that break trees is a disaster.  There is a saying in Oklahoma, "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute."  Maybe all of this will melt soon.

I'll just keep reading the Psalms.  Unless I lose electricity and can't see.  The day that Ken left, I had cataract surgery.  Who would have known?  And I still haven't gotten new glasses.  I have to wait two more weeks.  But I've got a magnifying glass so I think I will be able to read Psalms even if I lose power.

Psalms 50: 10, 12  "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  Restore unto me the joy of your salvation; and uphold me with your free spirit."

If you are like me, there are things that I wish I could redo, or take back, or even forget.  But it doesn't work like that.  Our hearts are not clean.  We're guilty.  And it takes an act of creation to clean us up.  Only God can do that.  He paid a price--his life--for our sins.  Just so we could be clean again in God's eyes.  He sees clean.

And thinking about the things we've done wrong is so discouraging.  Satan would defeat us with discouragement if God was not in the business of renewing a right spirit within us.

And with discouragement comes the death of joy.  And that is what we want.  Joy.  The joy of knowing that things are right with our God.  The joy of salvation.

And we want to be held up when everything falls out beneath us.  Upheld with the Spirit of God that lives within us.  I'm being held up right now.  Thank God.








No comments:

Post a Comment