Monday, December 30, 2013

Psalms 19: 12,14  "Who can understand his errors?  Would you cleanse me from secret faults."  "Let the words of my mouth and meditation of my heart, be acceptable in your sight, O lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

It's a good thing that God doesn't let us see ourselves like He sees us--right off the bat.  I don't think I could have taken it at the beginning of my Christian journey.  But little by little, God revealed areas that I needed to work on. When I was ready for the next step, he provided the strength to deal with my errors.

Looking back, I am reminded of the scripture that says, "To him who knows to good and doesn't do it, to him it is sin."  God will get around to what you don't know you need to improve soon enough.  When you are ready.  That's why we need to be so careful about making judgments of other people.  That's God's job.  He has given us only one commandment.  Love each other.  Warts and all.

I have a much easier time with the meditation of my heart than with the words of my mouth.  I am really trying to make an effort to stop and think before I speak.  But it is so hard.  I just always say what I think before I think about what I'm saying.  Other people don't seem to struggle with this like I do.  Or they have more discipline.

My daughter Pat said: Use the word "THINK" before you speak.  Is it True,  is it Helpful, is it Important, is it Necessary, and is it Kind.  And even if it is true, you don't always need to say it.

That's a good set of five things to ask yourself.  And if your errors seem impossible to correct, remember that what we do we do in the power of God.  If we could correct our sins ourselves we wouldn't need a redeemer.




No comments:

Post a Comment