Friday, March 20, 2015

I picked up my sister in Tulsa the other day.  We worked on lining the shelves with paper in my new house.  Thank God for sisters, daughters and cousins.  My cousin Ann helped me the last time I worked on this project.  Everyone is helping.  I can't stay down there more than a day or two before I'm ready to go home.

Some people say that home is where your heart is.  I think home is where your stuff is.  Most importantly--where your recliner is and where your bed is.  Give me my chair and my bed and I am a happy camper.

Jesus didn't have a home.  He slept where ever he was for the last three years of his life.  In Matthew 8:20 he said, "...foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man doesn't have anywhere to lay his head."

He wasn't complaining.  He had a job to do and buying a house wasn't on his agenda.  He had places to go, and people to see, and a message to deliver.

I'm spending way to much mental energy on this new house.  I need to be done before it drives me crazy.  When you are concentrating on something like this, your mind isn't free to do the more important things that you need to be doing.  I don't think God is interested in the color of carpet I put down.  I don't think he cares one way or another whether I hang drapes or use blinds.

It's amazing how much time we waste on things that have no eternal value.  I can do better.










No comments:

Post a Comment