Thursday, March 26, 2015

Today is my birthday.  They keep coming and that is a good thing.  I am seventy-seven and I still have my wits about me.  What more could you ask for.  My mom and her sister had Alzheimer's disease, so I figured I was doomed.  But thank God I'm sane.  Or at least I think I am.  I guess you wouldn't know it if you weren't.

Phillipians 2:5 "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus..."  I figure "that mind" is the mind of a servant so we should try to be willing to help where we can.
Pillipians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant..."

I memorized Pillipians 2: 5-ll years ago.  It is a great passage.  I had gone to a study of a book called "The Mind of Christ" and had told the leader of the class that I wasn't much on filling blank spaces into workbooks, but that I wanted to memorize the passage and would if there was someone to hold me accountable.  He did.  And I did.  Read it.  It will take thirty seconds.

It's a good thing I memorized scripture when I was young.  As you age, it is a lot (LOT) harder.  I can still do it, but will have forgotten it by the next day.  So I have to write the scripture out and paste it on the steering wheel of the car, or the kitchen counter and go over it, and over it, and over it.  The scriptures that I memorized when I was young just pop into my head.  Not so now.

But you can't stop keeping on keeping on.  Otherwise you're done.  And I'm not done yet.  You aren't either.  God has plans.  You may never know what they are or where you fit into His plans, but He has them nonetheless.  And you are a part of it.  I personally would rather know what His plans are ahead of time, but it doesn't always work that way.  Just keep doing what is right.  Keep sharing Christ with those you come in contact with.  And I don't mean that you should whack them over the head with a Bible. There is a song that says, "Let others see Jesus in you."  That's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment