Monday, March 16, 2015

My first memory is of a sound.  The "Click-clack" of my ball-bearing roller skates on the cracks in the sidewalk in front of our house.  I was three.  And yes I could roller skate.  My dad bought me the skates because I was constantly jumping up and down and he thought skating might give me something to do.  It did.  I roller-skated through my sixties.  And yes I can do loops and skate backwards.  I love to skate.  But now, my daughters "yell" at me if I even think about doing something where I might fall.

My two grandsons, Steven and David, got me on a dirt bike in Billings, Montana--on a trail with drop-offs.  I managed to stay on the bike.  I don't think I would do that again.  They also got me on a ski-slope for the first time.  I was over fifty at the time.   I am definitely not going to do that again.  Later, we hiked into Yellowstone and through woods and fields to a hot spring to swim.  No one else was within a million miles except bears.  It's amazing what your grandchildren can get you to do.

I am a chicken.  Left to myself, I would never do anything exciting.  I am one of those people who find reading a book entertaining.  And staying in my pajamas and puttering around all day.  Left to myself, I would probably stay inside forever--but I have to get dressed to go outside and garden.  Which I love.

Right now, I am making pleated drapes for the new house.  I haven't seen it in a month.  They say the painting is all done.  Under counter lighting and can lights are in the kitchen.  I'm anxious for it to be finished.  New counter tops, carpet and tile work still have to be done.  I bet I don't get moved before May.  I have to get my garden in.  I don't want to go through the summer without a garden!!!

John 18:1 "...He went...where there was a garden, into which he entered, and his disciples."

That's what gardens are good for.







No comments:

Post a Comment