Wednesday, March 4, 2015

When I watch the Discovery channel, sometimes they show the universe--space--and everything that is in it.  That we know.  They used to think that it all started with the big bang, but I heard the other day that they (scientists) have changed their minds.  Something about having used a formula that was inaccurate.  So now they will have to come up with a new theory.  They keep changing their theories.

Problem is, the science books in schools are ten years behind.  And they just keep on keeping on with what they are teaching because they have no alternative until someone tells them otherwise.  They are waiting on the newest theory to trickle down.  Whatever it is.  So they can teach it as a fact.

I started cutting out articles where scientists recanted what they had previously said.  That was back in the early 60's.  I have dozens and dozens and dozens of articles.  But not many people care about that.  It is just easier to spout the latest dogma.

When I think about God, I keep him small.  It's wrong and I try not to do it, but when I consider the universe, I can't wrap my mind around it.  He is far too vast, too large for me to contemplate.  I try.  But I am so small in comparison.  He is so big.

Psalms 19:1  "The heavens declare the glory of God and the earth shows forth his handiwork.  Day unto day utters speech and night unto night shows knowledge."  He speaks to us in the universe.

God is speaking, but instead of starting their theories with the assumption of a creator, scientists start their theories on the latest piece of information that has come their way.

I picked out granite for my countertops on Monday.  There were so many different slabs of polished stone in so many variations of color.  I walked through the warehouse and was in awe at the beautiful rock that God had hidden in the earth for us to discover.  That's what we are doing with his wonderful universe.  We are discovering what he has done.  "The glory of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment