Monday, August 31, 2015

In my house, I have always reserved one wall to serve as a "Wedding Wall."  Every aunt and uncle, parent, grandparent,  child, grandchild et.al. has their wedding picture hanging there.  Including Ken and me.  I love to look at those pictures.  They are a reminder of how happy our beginnings were.

I hadn't gotten around to hanging family pictures yet, but Lisa (my little--21 years younger--sister) came and stayed the weekend with me and hung the wedding pictures for me.  The wall has never been in the same room when we moved to a new house, just wherever there was enough space for all the pictures.  This move, the only wall that had enough room was in my bedroom.  So that's where we hung them.   I woke up the next day to a wall covered with my people.  It made me smile.

As she was figuring out which picture went where, it was my job to sit across the room and say, "Up one-fourth of an inch.  Over one inch, etc." until everything was level and balanced.  It took her five hours to get them all up, and there are a million holes in the wall where we missed the placement on the first, second and sometimes third time.  But it is done.  Even and balanced.

One thing at a time, I am getting moved in.

Daniel 5:27  "You are weighed in the balances and are found wanting."  Lisa and I felt like we were never going to get those pictures balanced.  Balancing is also a problem in our lives...sometimes we give too much importance to things that don't matter.  God is "weighing" us and I sure don't want to be found "wanting" in His eyes.  His are the only balances that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment