Tuesday, November 10, 2015

I am truly amazed at how many people around the world are reading what I write every day.  My daughter Becky has some wonderful friends in Paris who read it.  Christophe, and his wife Carine.  He manages a hotel that Becky always uses when she takes groups to Paris.  I've stayed at that hotel a few times when I have gone with her.  I dearly love the little street that it is on.  And the people are wonderful. I understand why Cole Porter wrote "I Love Paris...".

My grandson called me today and said, "Grandmother, I will never forget something that you once told me.  You told me that there are three questions that a person needs to ask someone who is searching for meaning in life." So I asked him what they were. (I had forgotten the conversation.)

"First, ask, do you believe that there is 'something' out there.  Second, ask if that 'something' would try to communicate with you.  And third, ask how do you think that 'something' would do that?"

Of course, when he told me the questions, I remembered.  I still use those three questions to open dialog with people who are searching for God.  The current buzz word is "spirituality."  People like to say that they are spiritual.  Whatever that means.  Believing that there is a supreme God, however, means that you are accountable to Him.  You have to answer to him, not to your current guru.

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handiwork.  Day unto day they utter speech, and night unto night show knowledge.  There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.  Their message is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world..."   Psalms 19:1-4

There is something out there.  It's God.  And He has communicated with us.  "God...spoke in times past...by the prophets..has in these last days spoken to us by his Son..."  Hebrews 1:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment