Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I have been here for months with no drapes hung.  I can't put them up by myself, and haven't wanted to bother Craig (Becky's husband) since he is in the middle of a rehab on a house he bought.  But day before yesterday, I fed him filet mignon for dinner and he looked the windows over and made a plan.  (He would have done it without the filet.  It was his birthday and I cooked.)

Beggars can't be choosers!!  I am just thankful he is going to do them.  There is some sewing I have to do before they go up, and I am going to start that this week.  With drapes, this will finally be home.  My house in Pryor is under contract.  I signed the papers, and now we just have to pass inspection--which will not be a problem I don't think.

I called the realtor and told her that there was something that needed to be fixed that the inspector would not find--and that I would pay to fix it.  The back flow preventer (which is outside connected to the sprinkling system) is missing a part that wouldn't turn up as a problem until next spring.

The realtor seemed shocked that I told her about it.  I guess people don't point out problems if they can get out of it.  But I really want to believe that if I "...do unto others as I would that they should do unto me," that I can always do what is right.  I sure wouldn't want to go to heaven face the judgement over $300.

"Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight." Proverbs 12:22

"Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly."  Hebrews 13:18

"And as you would that men should do to you do you also to them likewise."  Luke 6:31

I want to live like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment