Monday, December 21, 2015

Becky--my world traveler--got back from Istanbul, Turkey last week.  Jennifer, her daughter in law, is working in Syria and met her in Turkey.  They called it a one week vacation.  I called it scary.  But I am a chicken.  So I prayed all week that they would come to no harm.  Someone set a bomb off in the subway the first day they arrived.  I am glad Becky is safely home.  Jennifer will be able to come home when she finishes her job in Syria.  I think that will be in a few weeks.   I hope that is the end of her working  there, but I doubt that will be the case.  I am going to have to "up my game" of trusting God.  I thought I was doing that pretty well until Becky got on a plane to the Middle East.

I have been reading a few of the Facebook comments, the newspapers, and watching the television commentaries, and have found that most people want to believe that God and Allah are the same.   I personally have to reject that premise due to the fact that Jesus is God--God incarnate.  But the Muslims say that Jesus is  a nothing but a prophet.  Which is to say, Jesus is not God.

Therefore, Allah is not Jesus, and therefore Allah cannot be God.  You can't have it both ways.  The entire Old Testament is based on the prophecy that a Messiah was coming (actually I think there were 72 prophecies) and they were fulfilled, in total, in Jesus.  To reject that, is to reject the Bible as truth. 

Philippians 2:5-6 "Your attitude should be the kind that was shown us by Jesus Christ, who, even though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the form of a slave and becoming like men...God raised him up...and gave him a name which is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus every knee shall bow in heaven and on earth...and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord..."  (Living Bible)

That includes Muslims.  Jesus said, "I am the Way.  No man comes to the Father (God) but by me."
That pretty well sums it up.  Mohammad visited Jerusalem over 600 years after Jesus rose from the grave.  Mo. then wrote a book, declared that Allah was God and found some people to believe it.

I don't think so.    



No comments:

Post a Comment