Friday, December 18, 2015

Praise God!!!!!!!  My house in Pryor sold and we closed on Monday.  I cannot express how thankful I am that I don't have to try and keep two places up any more.  As I was driving from Pryor back toward Oklahoma City and Edmond, I was euphoric.  I kept thinking, "I'm going home.  Edmond is my home now."

But my friend Sally Casey--who just moved out of state to be near her daughters for the same reason that I did--reminded me today that Pryor would always be a dear part of our lives because of all the memories we have there.  How true.  I have many, many spiritual daughters in Pryor that I have taught and discipled through the years that are so very close to my heart.  God is good.  We have phones and aren't separated like our people were in years past.  We can talk, every day.

I moved there when I was four years old.  World War II was raging, and the government built a powder plant at Pryor to make ammunition for the war.  Men came from all over to find a job--including my father.  Ken's father was the pastor of the Baptist Church.  He and his wife, Mary Jane, changed my parent's lives.  Which changed mine.  And Ken's.  Who could have known that fourteen years later I would marry him.  I was in the third grade when he graduated from high school and I didn't even know him.  God moves in wondrous ways as he plans out our futures.

It is easy to look back and see God's hand in our lives.  While we are going through hard times, or we are suffering, it is hard to see God's plan in it all.  I don't think he causes us to suffer, but I do know that He is there, watching over us.  I know this because I can look back and see where he has led me.  Where he has planned my future.  I know because the Bible tells me so. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

No comments:

Post a Comment