Wednesday, December 2, 2015

I'm a piecemeal house keeper.  I've always followed the rule of never leaving the room you are in--unless you have something in your hand that needs to go somewhere else.  That way, junk that needs to be put away, hung up, or stowed is moved one room closer to its ultimate destination.  Next time I pass by it, I move it further along with me.  Eventually things make it to where they go.  Keeps me from a lot of running back and forth.   It actually works really well.  I am always "picking up"  but I never have to "pick up the house."  It's always in progress and stays pretty neat.

I told you once that I get my best work done when there is a job that "has to be done" that I really don't want to do.  I am the ultimate procrastinator.  I keep skirting around it, doing other work, avoiding the inevitable, staying busy.  I get a lot done that way.  And the job that has to get done will get done eventually--at the last possible minute.  I have that method so perfected that I am always accomplishing something.

I also rarely do anything "start to finish."  I just do a little bit.  Then stop and do something else for a little while.  I usually have six or seven things going at once.  The good part is that I am always finishing one of the jobs.  I kinda rotate through them,  piddling along but  making progress.

Ken, on the other hand, started something and finished it.  You couldn't interrupt him even if something more important came along.  He was going to finish what he started before he started something else.

Both methods work.  If you have a passion to work.  If you have a plan.

"Wherefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." Philippians 2:12
One step at a time.  One day at a time.  A little bit here and a little bit there.


No comments:

Post a Comment