Thursday, December 31, 2015

My good friend Carolyn--with a Master's in English, Drama and the Arts--keeps me straight when I misspell or use a wrong word.  I am grateful.  Because even though I go back over what I have written at least twice, I make mistakes.  Yesterday I used "iconic" for "iambic".  I read the entire blog three times and didn't catch it.  And I know the difference.

Mistakes are a part of life.  What we should never do is make one on purpose.  That is what God's Word is for.  An instruction manual for coming to the end of your life with a minimum of regrets.  It is also a guarantee  of God's promises to bless us throughout our days if we follow Him.  And he has our best interests at heart.  He loves us and has a plan for us.  Following His plan is in your own best interest.  You can't fulfill God's plan if you are reading the wrong texts.

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  Jeremiah 29:11  I certainly don't need any more disaster in my life.

Another translation puts it this way:  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, said the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

You may not be thinking about Him, but He is thinking about you.  And you can only follow him if you know what He wants from you.  You have to read the instruction manual.

The most popular book of all time is the Bible--but people don't read it.  They buy it and put it on a shelf.  I don't get it.  What's the point?  The Creator of the universe is speaking.  It might be a good thing to listen, because  He certainly isn't trying to hoodwink you.

No comments:

Post a Comment