Monday, December 28, 2015

I started praying yesterday that my power lines won't break.  After 60-70 degree weather over Christmas week, we have been hit with another blizzard.  High winds, freezing rain, then sleet and now snow.  Freezing rain is the worst.  It collects on the power lines, becomes heavier and heavier until they snap.  I feel for all the linemen out there working to restore power.  God bless them.

This has been the craziest December in terms of weather that I have ever experienced.  Most days I didn't even have to wear a coat.  A friend in Pryor posted a picture of the water flooding Pryor.  They have had a lot of rain.  I have never seen water that high there in my life.  And tornadoes.  That's not supposed to happen until March.

My power lines are still working.  The house is warm.  This is all supposed to be over by tomorrow.  I do not like cold weather.  I do not like Oklahoma wind.  I especially don't like them at the same time.

When things go wrong here, I am reminded of the poor unfortunate people living in countries where staying warm, having enough to eat, clothing to wear, and medicines in times of sickness is a luxury that they can't afford.  We are so blessed.  God has been so good to us that sometimes we forget to thank him for our daily bread--and all the rest of his blessings.

Isaiah 55:10  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater."

You have to love King James:  "cometh, returneth, watereth, maketh..."  I usually change those words to modern day vernacular, but every now and then, when the wind is howling like it is right now, its nice to wrap up in a blanket and read the old text and be thankful for modern translations and a warm house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment