Thursday, December 3, 2015

Have you ever had a close encounter of the third kind?  When I have one of those, I try and think what caused it, where it came from, and why it happened--which can't be explained or it wouldn't be that kind of encounter--the third kind.

I had one of those day before yesterday.  Six months ago, when I moved in, I connected one of those lighted, rotating photograph picture screens--and turned the switch to "off."  It hasn't been turned on since, nor has the setting been changed in all that time--I just hadn't felt like looking at pictures--yet--those pictures that we took when Ken was alive and our children were little and growing up.  Well, I got up at five on Monday,  sat down in the recliner to read the paper and noticed that the screen was lit and pictures were scanning.  Of Ken.

No, I don't sleepwalk.  No, I didn't turn it on.  And no, no one slipped into my house during the night and turned it on.  And yes, I checked it.  It had been turned on.  I sometimes wonder if the dead are around us trying to say "hello."  The Bible doesn't cover things like that--at least not that I can find.  But I think we all would all like to think that the ones that we love are still with us in Spirit.

I don't deal in superstition.  I limit my faith and belief system to the words of the Bible.  But sometimes, sometimes, I am like you.  I wonder.  What if????

There is a God who loves us, takes care of us, and promises us eternal life--and gives us new bodies.  We trust that He will do what he says that he will do--that is called faith.  And we are saved by faith.

1 Corinthians  15:42-44 "Our earthly bodies die...but when we live again, they will be full of strength...when they come back to life, they will be superhuman bodies.  For just as there are natural, human bodies, there are also supernatural, spiritual bodies."  Like I said, I'm wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment