Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I was awakened this morning a little after 5:00 by an earthquake.  Mag. 4.3 with an aftershock of 3.4 centered in Edmond very, very close to my house.   Haven't felt one that big since I left California in the sixties--and there, earthquakes were common--usually weekly.  It knocked a few pictures and a shelf off the wall and made a lot of noise.   It was the loud noises of things falling off the wall that woke me up.  The noise was worse than the shaking.

Freezing rain, gale force winds, tornadoes and earthquakes--all in a week.  Must be Oklahoma.  All we need is a hurricane or a volcano.  It sure isn't boring. 

Luke tells us that Jesus said: "Whosoever comes to me, and hears my sayings, and does them, I will show you to whom he is like:  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock."  Luke 6:47-48.   That rock is Christ.

1.  Comes to me...
2.  Hears my sayings...
3.  And does them...

"Doing" what Christ said to do is necessary.  When we build our life on him, nothing will shake us.  Not even an earthquake.

Don't tell me what you are thinking...show me what you are doing.  Then, and only then will I know who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment