Monday, January 25, 2016

For the first time in my life, I have a closet that holds both my summer and winter clothes at the same time.  I don't have to drag everything down the hall to another closet when the season changes.  You probably are thinking that I have too many clothes.  But that isn't the case. 

Everyone has those things that they only wear to weddings.  And then here are things that you only wear to funerals.  There are a few Christmas things.  The rest of it I wear.  Except..............the things that are too small.  They shrank???  I can't let go of them because they represent a challenge.  Surely I can get back down a size.  Or two?

Jesus only had a robe.  That's it.  He didn't have a closet.  He didn't have a house.

Every season, back when I was changing closets in the spring or fall, I would take the things I had worn that year to the other closet first.  Then the things that I still really liked would get moved next.   The rest of it, I would send to the mission.   But this year, I didn't have to take everything out of the closet and trot it down the hall since I have been able to get it all in one closet.  So I am going to have to come up with another system of figuring out what to discard.

I've always thought that God has given me what I have, and when I don't need it, I need to give it away.  Someone can use it.  I've ended up with empty closets and empty cabinets in this new house.  That's a good thing.  Less is more.

I think Jesus got it right. Matthew 6:28-29, 31, "And why are you worried about clothing?  Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these...Do not worry then, saying...What will we wear for clothing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment