Wednesday, January 27, 2016

My dear friend Becky Bacon called me this morning to say, "Don't ever stop writing--it is such an encouragement to me."  I can't begin to say how much that meant.  I don't see her anymore since I moved.  Since I haven't figured out how to get feedback,  I sometimes feel like I am hollering into a canyon and the only thing I hear back is the echo of my own voice.

I would post my Email address, but every nut case on Google would send me those goofy messages--you know the ones I mean.  I am sure there is a way to hear from all of you, but if you don't have my phone or Email, well, I don't even know you are out there.  If I was a computer literate person, I could figure it out.  But I'm not.  And until someone comes to help me, I will just have to wonder about all that.  I hope you enjoy it, but who knows.

From 1964 until 2000, I would pick someone each year to pour myself into and teach them everything I could about the Bible.  Becky Bacon was one of those women.  I got started doing that after someone did that for me.

I read Dawson Trotman's testimony, "Born to Reproduce," and started handing the pamphlet out to the classes I taught.   The pamphlet is a challenge to reproduce yourself one person at a time in the Christian world.  That way, every year, you have doubled your effectiveness.  It's exponential.  If all of those women I shared with reached one more person every year, the number of women reached would be 2 to the 36th power.  That's a lot of women who reached one more person in a year.

You can't reach the world.  But you can reach one person.  If everyone did that, in twenty years that would be over a million people.  In thirty years, over a billion.  Pour yourself into one person.  Teach them everything you know about the Bible.  It's not that hard.

As for finding someone to teach, God takes care of that. 




No comments:

Post a Comment