Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Yesterday, I cooked the first roast beef I have made in my new house.  Becky went to the store and bought it to cook, but then she used the operative words, "You make so much better roast than I do, would you cook it?"

She has fed a couple of older people for years, and now that the wife has died, she continues taking food to the man and wanted to take him roast beef.  Sometimes it's beans and cornbread, or pasta casserole, or whatever.  We could all do better at that.

So I did the roast.  Peeled and mashed some potatoes that I had.  And added carrots to the meat before I removed it and made gravy.  It turned out perfect.  Delicious.  She took a plate to her friend, I took two plates next door to my friends who have been really good to me since I moved here.  Becky and I ate, and she took a plate home to Craig--and it was all gone.   That is how you cook a roast.

Craig took us to eat a couple of nights ago--Mexican--and every time we finish eating at this place, there is so much left over that I put it in a to-go bag and take it home and make roll up burritos and freeze them.  And there are usually 7 or 8 of them.  Which I like to eat for breakfast.   

Yesterday I gave you part of a verse about the clothes we wear.  Those verses also concern food.  Matthew 6: 25-26 "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what you shall eat, or what you shall drink...Is not the life more than meat...Behold the birds of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Aren't you better than they are?"

I spend way too much time thinking about food.  I would probably be considered a thin person, but I eat constantly.  That is why I told you a week or so ago that I hope we get to eat in heaven.  That line in the verse that says, "Take no thought...for what you shall eat..." meant: Don't worry about where your next meal is coming from.   Surely it doesn't mean I can't think about eating.....!!!!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment