Tuesday, January 5, 2016

When I go to bed at night, I read my Bible for awhile, say my prayers and fall asleep somewhere in the middle of them.  I like to talk to God.  I can't imagine why He listens to me, but I know He does--and it is such a comfort.  Last night, I told Him (after reading in the book of Psalms)  that I wish I could adore him like king David did.  David wrote such beautiful prose with such beautiful words in the Psalms.  I am sure that God loved David so much partly because David knew how to praise God so well.  We all need praise.  And who is there to compliment God if we don't.

Everyone loves to hear nice things, and I am sure that God is no different--we are made in His image.  But I'm not able to do God justice when I praise Him.  I don't have enough words.  Or the right words.  So I usually just tell him that I love Him and appreciate his care over me.  And then start thanking Him for each individual thing He has done for me.  And fall asleep in the middle.

I don't know how people make it who don't have God as their friend and father.  The world is out to destroy you, to disillusion you, to defeat you and tear you down.  But when you have God in your life, you know deep down that He is going to get you through it all.  The thing that is best is that you know that you are not alone.  I do not like being alone.

 When you lose your husband (or wife), it is like cutting yourself in two and only getting to keep only one of the pieces.  If it wasn't for people who love you and a God who cares for you,  loneliness for the other half of yourself would weigh you down.  Things will never be the same, but the blessing of friends and family make it bearable.  You can't spend fifty-seven years with someone and "fix it" when they are gone.  Some things just can't be fixed.

One of the best things that God has blessed me with is friends.  And family.  Who love me and include me in their lives.   I don't have Ken, but I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment