Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Our church has what they call "Game Day" once a month.  Everyone brings something to eat, we have a meal and then I join the group that plays Mexican-Train dominoes.  We spent most of the time saying, "Who's turn is it?"   Or "Did you play yet?"  And laughing.  It is a lot of fun.  Yesterday we had nine women at the table and spent most of the time trying to figure out the rules.  Someone said, "Oh, we'll just make them up as we go along."  And we did.

I love to play games.  I love to work puzzles.  Every morning at my house is the same.  I have a routine when I get up:  Let the dog out, get his breakfast, take pills, etc.  But after I fix my hot cup of peach (sometimes lemon) tea, I go get the newspaper and work the Cryptoquote first, the Suduko second, the Bridge game of the day third, and finally settle down with the Crossword puzzle.

And then, I edit the blog I wrote the night before, post it, get dressed, and start the day.  In the winter, there isn't much to do.  And the things that there are to do, I don't want to do--or I would already have done them.  I have to force myself to do those things.  I try to do one of them every day, but never, never with a very good attitude.  I've told you before, I do things I don't want to do better when I am under pressure.  And I create the pressure through procrastination.   It works for me.

The Educational director of the church I joined hasn't found a place for me to work.  In seven months already!!! At my age, if God is going to get any mileage out of my Bible knowledge, I have to get with it.  I need to be teaching.  It is very frustrating.  I started teaching in church sixty years ago, and this is the longest time that I remember that I haven't had a class.  Do you know what your gift is?  God wants you to exercise the gifts He has given you.  Not using them is a waste of the time God has given you.  "Redeeming the time because the days are evil..."  Ephesians 5:16

Romans 12:6  "In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well..."
Just do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment