Friday, January 15, 2016

I am going to teach a class on Sunday since my teacher is going to be gone and asked me to fill in.  I am excited about that.  Opening the Word of God in the fellowship of others is always a good thing.  God said, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them..."  Matthew 18:20  God will be there.  It is like having a date.  Something to look forward to.  My life is pretty boring right now.  Like I said the other day, I get up with nothing to do and go to bed with it half done.

When my grandson Steven is in town, he usually takes me somewhere.  He called and asked me go go see Star Wars with him the other day.  We didn't get to go, but it was nice to be asked.

I find myself looking forward to the smallest of things.  I have a dentist appointment next week (I'm not looking forward to that) in Claremore, and there is a hole-in-the-wall diner there that makes the best hamburgers in the world.  Greasy browned buns and meat hanging over the edges.  I'm going to eat one.  And to top it off, they peel and slice their own potatoes for french fries.  Yum, yum, yum.  They have been there since the fifties--you know the kind of place I'm talking about.  Six booths and ten bar stools in a room no bigger than my bedroom.

We had a place like that in Pryor when I was growing up.  You couldn't go in, they just flopped a window open and handed you your hamburger.  It was on main street and couldn't have been any bigger than 6 by 10 feet.  Room for a grill and a cook.  Walking distance from school.
`
I hope we can eat when we get to heaven.  It sounds like maybe we will.  In the last chapter of the Bible, in Revelation 22:1-2, it says: "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.  In the midst of the street...was the tree of life, which bore twelve manner of fruits..."  I'm taking it that that means we get to eat.   Hope so.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment