Thursday, January 7, 2016

I think the world has gone crazy.  The hydrogen bomb that S. Korea set off is the latest.  I hear the U.S. is saying that it wasn't an H bomb.  Maybe not, but it was something very big and very bad.  Kim Jong Un seems to be determined to start a war with the world and specifically with the U.S. since we are allied with South Korea and pledged to defend her.  And anyone who gives him advice that he doesn't like, he executes.  You can't help but wonder what is going on inside his head.  I am sure South Korea citizens are nervous.  Pray for our missionaries there.

And then, there are the Christians in the middle East who are being murdered.  That entire area has become a killing field.  I sometimes wonder what is going on--how long will all of this last.  Evil seems to be winning.  And many of those who are perpetrating such atrocities have no desire for peace. War and death seem to be their game.

But then I remember: you and I know how it is all going to turn out.  God wins.   You and I are going to be citizens of a new kingdom where there will be no more war.  Thank God.

Jesus said: "But when you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be troubled; for such things must happen, but the end is not yet."  Mark 13:7

The day that Ken got on a plane for Viet Nam--where I knew he would get shot at every day as a fighter pilot--I was left standing in the airport with my three children wondering if he would ever come home again.  It is not a good way to live.  Pat was in the fourth grade, Becky in the second and Scott was not yet four years old.   I don't remember a year without war--somewhere--since then.   The world thrives on hate.  Satan is alive and well.

But God reigns supreme.   And we are His children.  Hallelujah!



1 comment:

  1. South Korea, mom. We're allied with SOUTH Korea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete