Friday, January 1, 2016

First day of a new year.  They seem to come quicker than they used to.  I always thought that when I retired, I would get all sorts of things done.  Not so.  I get up every day with nothing to do and go to bed with it half done.

But I somehow fill the day with activity.   Yesterday I went through all my receipts from last year, shredded most of them, and made a file for taxes.  And in the process found that AT&T had been charging me for a land-line that I didn't have.  I hadn't been very careful--since I moved--to check up on them.  Believe it or not, they are going to refund the money!!!  It only took three hours on the phone to get it done.  I was transferred at least five or six times.  Three hours of listening to that awful music they play while I waited!!!  Where is Southwestern Bell when you need them.

I long for the days when I called a number and someone alive and breathing answered on the other end.  I long for the days when I drove up to a gas station and someone came out and pumped my gas, washed my windshield, checked my tires and oil and ran my ticket.  All I had to do was watch.  I really, really, really don't like to pump gas.  I don't like to do anything that gets my hands dirty.

I woke up this morning to another earthquake--4.2.  Nothing fell off the walls this time.  Who ever thought that Oklahoma would become earthquake prone??  Luckily, after living in California four  different times and places, I am used to it and don't get ruffled.   If it gets to a 5.00, I might rethink.
I lived at the north end of the Golden Gate bridge once.  That was fun! 

My times are in God's hands.  I am more than glad to let Him decide what happens to me.

"He (Jesus) said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in His own power."  Acts 1:7    Can't think of anyone I'd rather trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment