Monday, February 22, 2016

I haven't been this busy in years and years.  Yesterday morning, I taught a class at 8:00 at the church, ran home to let the dog out and went back and taught another class at 11:00.  I teach by asking questions--making sure I know the answers!!  Everyone participated.  Somewhere in the middle, I visited with the woman I am mentoring.  But I missed church in the process of all of that.  Not good.

When I got home, I grabbed something to eat and drove to Moore to my grandson's 1st birthday party.  And of course got lost.  They were working on the road and the turn had been changed.  I was an hour late.  I think I am not really up to everything I am trying to do.  The spring chicken in me may have clucked out. 

Sometimes we need to check our selves and make sure we aren't just running in circles.  And ask the question, "Is this something I really need to be doing."  Maybe we need to sincerely adopt the idea that we need a day to do nothing.  Maybe that is why God told us:  "Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy."

That was one of the 10 commandments.  Maybe God puts a higher priority on resting than we do since resting was first observed by God himself.

Genesis 2:2-3 "And on the seventh day God...rested...from all his work...And God blessed it and sanctified it..."

I'm going to pull a Scarlett and think about that tomorrow.  Because I have to go to a breakfast at 9:30 with a group from church,  and the man who is going to plant shrubs for me is coming after that.  He is going to build me a raised bed for my garden.  I will sit and watch.  That ought to count.


No comments:

Post a Comment