Thursday, February 4, 2016

You would think that there was nothing else going on in the world except primary elections. We don't get the news much any more.  We get opinions, arguments and advertising.  Blah, blah, blah.

The word "debate" is out the window.  I would love to hear someone discuss how important this election is--on the subject of Supreme Court appointees and how the future cases coming up before them will be affected by whoever is elected president.  I am upset by their ruling that corporations are now recognized as one "person" when corporations are obviously a collective of people--with billions to spend to affect the outcome of elections.  One man, one vote is now out the window.

And I would like to hear a realistic debate on Planned Parenthood (if that is what you support).  If they stop offering abortion--which is the problem between the two sides--maybe there could be discussion.  As long as the country considers abortion legal, there will be opposition from Christians who will always believe it is murder.  And from citizens (other than Christians) who have moral objections to their taxes being used this way?  What ever happened to compromise?

Am I a Republican?  Am I a Democrat?  No, I am a Demoblican.  Or a Republicat.  I'm to the point I don't know what I am.  I do know this, I am sick of the bickering, and name-calling, and insults.  Would someone please discuss the issues.

I want to honor the scripture: "Let every soul be subject to the higher powers...For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil..." Romans 13: 1a, 4a, and it gets harder every day.  When I look at past presidents that were good for the country, both parties were represented.  Hate leads to a stalemate.  Nobody is going to get everything they want.

We need the help of God.  "Thy kingdom come..."  I can support that.


No comments:

Post a Comment