Thursday, February 25, 2016

Looks like I will finally be teaching a study on Genesis this summer.  The educational director of my church asked to review my teaching materials and I spent an hour going over them with him.  I am glad for the opportunity to do this again.  It gives me a chance to make closer relationships with people, and helps them to get to know me better.  Eventually I will be one of the gang.

My new Sunday morning class is good.  I have had three Sundays with them and all is going well.  I finally feel like I am doing something useful again.  And feel like  I am a part of something.  Moving is such an uprooting of your soul.  Everything and almost everyone that I knew is left behind.   I am trying very hard to make friends--it isn't easy.  Making acquaintances is easy.   Developing friends takes a lot of time.

But I can do it.  Not like the friends that I had in Pryor, however.  Carolyn, Sally, JoAnn, Becky B., Kathy, Judy, Kathleen, Anita and dozens of others.  They love me.  It takes time for people to love you.  I love them too.  And my son Scott.  And wife Stacy, their four children, spouses and grand-children.  So many people back there.

There is only one way to make a friend.  Love them.  If they can look over my faults I can certainly overlook theirs.  But I can't think of any faults any of my friends in Pryor have.  I miss them.  But things are good here in other ways.  "Don't be unhappy for what you don't have; be thankful for what you do have."

Paul said, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  And Janie says:  I learned all about that the first 7 years in the USMC with Ken.  We moved 11 times.  And had 4 children.  And I made 2 friends.

I can do this.  Compared to that 7 years, everything else is downhill sledding.


No comments:

Post a Comment