Tuesday, February 23, 2016

I now have a raised garden bed.  "John" is my new handyman.  And he is a worker.  He tires me out just watching him.  He raised the bed high enough so that I don't have to bend over very far.  I don't bend very well any more.  I don't unbend very well anymore either.

And--I don't spend hardly anything on anything anymore.   All extra dollars go for "service."  The only thing I really need is for people to help me do all the things I think up to do.

I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt and stick seeds in the ground.  There isn't much sun anywhere in my yard, so God is going to have to do the rest.   I sat on the ground and pulled weeds yesterday while John worked. 

You remember how excited Morgan Freeman was in the Shawshank Redemption when he got out of prison and headed to Mexico to find "Andy Deframe."  Well, that is how excited I am about spring coming on.

I have never seen a winter like this one in Oklahoma.  It barely existed.  We set records for warm days in February.  All the daffodils are coming up, the azalea buds are ready to burst into bloom, and it isn't even March yet.  Maybe God is in as big a hurry for spring as I am.

I got a check from the electric company in Pryor.  Seems like I overpaid for years--they never told me.  It is going into my yard.  Choosing what to buy will be hard.  More azalea bushes for sure.  I hope they live.  The ground here isn't good azalea ground, so I will have to buy a ton of peat moss.

I'm so excited.  I just can't hide it... 


2 comments:

  1. Great job to you and you handyman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome work for both of you.

    ReplyDelete