Thursday, May 26, 2016

I have had people working in my house, outside my house and under my feet for weeks.  Today they are supposed to finish.  "Hope springs eternal in the human breast."  They are all nice people, but I want them out of here!!  They have caulked, sealed, tiled, painted, sawed, nailed, stained and grouted.  It seems to be never ending.  But today, God willing, it will be over.

I bought the house last year, and knew there was a lot to do.  And I had hoped it would all be done before I moved in.  But the master bath had to be redone--also some work in the utility room--and I moved in before it was started.  So I put it off until last month.   Dust, fumes, and confusion.

I just want to put everything back in the cabinet where it belongs.  I want to fill the bathtub to the brim with hot water and sit and soak and unwind.  It will be heaven.

Sometimes we start something that is too big for us.  Sometimes we begin a task without thinking about how long it will take.  Sometimes we contract a job without counting the cost--both financial and emotional.  I did all three of those.  I've done that before.  I don't seem to learn.  It all seems simple before I begin.  It's only when I'm bogged down in the middle of a project that I wonder, "What was I thinking?" 

Jesus said, "For which of you, intending to build...doesn't sit down and count the cost (in time, emotional stress, and money) whether he will have sufficient to finish it.  Lest haply, after he had laid the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone that beholds it begin to mock him, Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish."  Luke 14:28-30

Would someone stop me before I start another big project.  Please.


No comments:

Post a Comment