Monday, May 2, 2016

I think the world has been turned upside down.  Courtesy, politeness, good manners.  Where did all that go????  I guess you can tell I've been watching the presidential primaries on TV.  Big mistake.  I suggest that you don't do it.

And after all these months, I really can't tell what anyone is promising to do for the country.  Well,  I've heard some of them say "what" they will do, but not "how."  "How" is important.

I would love to see a printed agenda.  Signed by the candidate.  I would like to see the first thing on the list for anyone of the five left in the race to be:  1.  Balance the budget.  (So that we don't give China one third of our tax income in interest on our debt--never mind the principle.  China now owns us.  Why should they go to war with us when they can simply buy us up.)  I think I am too old for all of this governmental stupidity.

The reason I've been watching so much TV is because I've been really sick for the last two weeks.  Viral pneumonia.  And even though I've seen a doctor, they won't give me antibiotics because of my arm.  They are "saving" antibiotics for my next arm infection.  They say I have to beat being sick on my own.  Unless I'm dying.  It's a catch twenty-two.

Like the rules of engagement in Viet Nam.  Secretary of Defense McNamara wouldn't let our pilots fire when someone was shooting at them.  Not unless it was proved that they were being fired on by the enemy.  "When do you know that they are the enemy?" a pilot asked.  "When they hit you," was the answer.  Ken said they dropped most of their weapons in the water because they weren't allowed to return fire.  "You can't land a loaded plane, so we dumped it all.  Stupid.  Stupid."  Ken couldn't stand McNamara.  I never met a Marine that could. 

If you didn't live through Viet Nam, you have no idea how stupid government can get.  McNamara's method of deciding whether we were winning was to count bodies.  Really.  God help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment