Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A strange thing happened to me today.  I had gone downtown to Edmond Antiques to see Pam (the owner), and had taken Squig with me.  He was on a leash and was very polite, but he wanted to say hello to everybody.  He would walk up to people and sit down at their feet and wait for them to pet him--there were quite a few people in the store.  Squig loves everybody and assumes everybody loves him.  He is hard to resist.

 Pam had sat down to pet Squig and was talking to him, when this lady I had never seen before said, "I heard you say Squig.  Is that Squig?  I know Squig.  I read about him in Becky's mother's blog.  Becky is a friend of mine."  And then she asked if I was in the store so she could meet me.

So I got to meet someone I didn't know who reads my blog.  That was exciting.  She was lovely.  Now when I write something, I will have a picture of someone who is reading it.

I hope that what I write is something meaningful.  Yesterday I was on a rant.  I'm sorry.  Someone called and asked who was pushing me around about what I believe.  I told them, "Nobody, really; I was just sick of watching TV portraying Christians as red-neck idiots."

So many of the news media (Facebook, TV shows, etc.),  belittle our beliefs and cast the Bible in a "How can you be so stupid to believe in that", light.  They believe everything else that was written during that time period, and all the archaeological information, but not the Bible.  Which is one of the most valuable and exciting books of history ever written.   Even though Josephus--one of the historians of that time and not part of the Christian movement--validates  the historical truth of the Bible, those who choose not to believe don't do their research.  They discount it out of emotion.

Probably because you have to believe that earth and space and life came from a creative source.  The next step is a creator.  Christians call that creator God.  Once you do that, you are accountable to Him.  That is very unpopular.  Most people don't want rules.  Or accountability to anyone. 






No comments:

Post a Comment