Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My fish now come to the side of the Koi pond when they hear me open the back door.  And they wait for me to stoop down and put my hand in the water to feed them.  They trust me.

Squig crawls up in the bed at night and sticks his nose under the sheet and waits until I lift it up for him to crawl under.  Then he curls up beside me.  He trusts me.  He comes up by my recliner and makes a little squeaking sound when he is hungry or needs to go outside.  He trusts that I will feed him or let him out--because I always do.  Without fail.

There are people that I trust.  I know they will do me no harm.  There are others that I shy away from getting very close to.  They are usually people who disparage other people.  I figure that if they talk that way about others, they will talk that way about me.  And I am sure they can find something negative to say.

Trust is a "growing" thing.  And our trust in God is at first just words.  Then it grows as He gets us through difficulties.  We learn that He is trustworthy, faithful and true. 

My redeemer is faithful and true.  Psalms 33: "... the Lord is right and true; he is faithful in all he does."  He does not fail us.  He is the one person that we can turn to in the midst of trouble.

Some people think that if there was a God, bad things wouldn't happen to them.  But the Bible tells us that the rain falls on the just, and the unjust.  Things happen.  We live in a world that is flawed.

"Thy Kingdom come..."  Where there are no more tears.  No more sorrow.  No more death.

Jason Crabb sings a song that says, "If you find that you are standing in the valley of decision, and the adversary says 'Give in', just hold on.  My God will show up, and He will take you through the fire again."  I love that song.  I play it over and over.  My God is going to show up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment