Friday, June 10, 2016

The people behind me, West of me, just cut down two very old, enormous trees that shaded my yard.  I had wanted them gone ever since I moved here because I was afraid the wind was going to topple them over into my house.  They were really big.  And sky high.

Well, yesterday I heard this roar in the back yard and lo and behold, there was a crew out there with chain saws taking both of them down.  I was really relieved.

But with every good thing there seems to be a catch.  Now my back yard is so sunny and hot that I can't go out during the afternoon.  And planting a tree to alleviate the situation won't help me much since it would take forever to grow big enough to help.  And I don't have forever.

But given the two choices, trees or no trees, I am glad they are down.  I will just have to think about how I am going to create shade in a different way.  A new project!!!

The master bath is finished.  The utility room is finished.  So I can start thinking about something else to do. I think I told you not long ago that if I started another project, please...stop me.

I started a book of my favorite Bible verses for my granddaughter Amy's Christmas present.  I am writing them in Cursive and trying to do three verses a day--so that is a project that won't wear me out.  I just finished all my favorite verses in Matthew and am starting on the book of Mark.  I hope she likes it.

"Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might..."  Ecclesiastes 9:10  I'll write verses down every day.  That should keep my mind busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment