Thursday, June 23, 2016

Today I tackled the three drawer antique chest that sits by my chair.  It is the place where everything goes when you don't know what to do with it.  I moved it from Pryor without taking anything out of the drawers and it was crammed.  I must have been shoving stuff in there for ten years.   It was interesting.  You name it, it was in there.  I threw a ton of stuff out.  Ball point pens by the dozens--ones I would never use because they have too wide a diameter and they hurt my hand.  Gone.  Six or seven little eye glass cleaner squares.  Twenty or more nail files and a bunch of fingernail clippers.  Pieces of paper with names and addresses and phone numbers of people I can't even remember.  All gone.  I am sure everyone has a drawer or two like that.  It is now organized.  I am pleased with myself!!  I had put it off because there were so many other things to do.

I kept at it, which is unusual for me.  I like to do things in pieces.  Step one--then do something else.  Step two--then get something to eat.  I eventually get the job done, but I am not a start and finish kind of gal.  It was an all day project.  In the middle of all that, I had to go to the Orthopedic doctor.  I had put that off as well.  But my back finally had to be attended to.  I am one of those pain tolerant kind of people.  It has to get horrible before I do something.  I Hadn't ever checked it out.  Just knew I hurt.  It wasn't good.  Scoliosis.  Slipped vertebrae.  Curved spine, etc., etc..  Old age. Arthrits.

I'm going to Paris in October sometime and have to be able to walk--which I've been avoiding doing much of.  I've tried a few times to do a block, before I give up.  That's not going very well.  So. We are starting a round of pills.  And see if that helps.  If not, on to step two.  Etc.   He told me that I am going to have to use a cane.  I guess that officially makes me an old woman.   Growing old is embarrassing.  You start looking like an old person.  Humiliating.  Pitiful.  I don't feel old in my mind, but the container is falling apart.   Time for duct tape and chewing gum I guess.  Psalms 71:18  "...when I am old and greyheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed your strength unto this generation, and your power to every one that is to come."  I'm not done yet.  My hair is still the color it always was.  Brown.  I have never colored it.


No comments:

Post a Comment