Thursday, September 8, 2016

Becky and Joe have a real life romance story.  She was married before, and her husband told her that since she was such a romantic, that she should have married a guy he heard about in Viet Nam.  He said that this man flew C-47's and every time he was waiting on the runway for clearance, he played "The Yellow Rose of Texas," and raised the Texas flag through the hatch before he took off.  "Never met the guy, but he was a romantic like you," Becky's husband said.  Becky said that obviously her marriage wasn't going to last, so she prayed that if it dissolved that God would send her the Texan who played "The Yellow Rose of Texas.

Years later, while living in St. Louis, Becky was  visiting a single's class at her church and a new man offered to get her a cup of coffee.  "I don't drink coffee," she told him.  "I drink tea."  He brought her tea.  With milk and sugar--exactly right--and called her the next day.  And the next.

"I didn't have time for that," Becky said.  "I was a nurse going to school trying to finish another degree, and trying to raise a son.  But this guy was persistent, so I said yes, and on our third date, I asked him to tell me more about himself.  His name was Joe."

"He told me  that he had been adopted by the Agricultural Ambassador to India, where he was raised and went to school with the Maharaja.  And Joe was Cherokee.  So he became an Indian-Indian.  He proceeded to tell me about his entire life.  He was a B-52 pilot who had volunteered to go to Viet Nam, flying C-47's and said that while he was there, when he had a mission, that he flew the Texas flag and played the Yellow Rose of Texas every time he sat on the runway.

"I thought my heart was going to burst.  I could hardly believe what he was telling me.  This was definitely a God thing.  But I didn't tell him my story about praying for God to send him to me for three years--until after we were married."

When God decides to put two people together, He will find a way.  They've been married almost thirty years.  A match made in heaven.









No comments:

Post a Comment