Wednesday, September 21, 2016


The Bible and science can not ever contradict each other.  God invented--created--it all.  So, if you are finding that you have a conflict between science and the Bible, one of two things is true.  You either don't know enough science, or you don't know enough Bible.

You and I are in a state of discovery for our entire lives.  The scientific world is always making new discoveries.  And also, every time I read God's word, I learn something new.  But because my background is in science--Zoology in particular--there are facts that I know, (not theories) that I must reconcile with the Biblical account.   That is not a problem, because I know that the Bible is true from cover to cover.  I have never run across anything that troubles me that science has discovered.

However, there is one thing that you must remember:  God doesn't tell us everything.  And when He leaves something out, that blank in the Biblical record doesn't mean that nothing happened in that interval.   Sometimes, science fills it in.  But only when science has discovered one of God's infallible truths.  The Bible is not a theory.  It is not a proposition about where we came from.  It is concrete.  It is without error.  God did it.  He is without error, and His truth is always true.  You can count on it.

I have been amazed through the last 55 years since I have been studying this subject how many times the scientific world has had to change their mind about things they previously declared true.   I have never had to change anything that I have read in God's word, because of the fact that it is always the truth, and you can't make the truth any better than it already is.

There are those who say the world is only 6000 years old.  And they believe it.  But through the knowledge we have about the "half-life" of carbon, we can date scientifically that it is much older.  Decay is always occurring.  It is consistent.  God invented it.   God invented it all.  Every process.  Every animal.  Every destruction of animal life.  Every replenishing of the earth.   Whatever He wants to do, He does.  He is God.


No comments:

Post a Comment