Friday, September 30, 2016

"Realize this was told to her in her 1st trimester.  But she wanted her child to LIVE even in the 1st trimester.  She carried the baby to term, with her tumor, hoping that if she died the baby would live.  My Mother lived her faith.  Abortion was not an option.  Even when it would have been so easy…  She had Jon and had the open heart surgery a few months later.  She is in the AMA journal as the first person to survive from this type surgery… Remember this was Open Heart in 1972.  I am convinced that God ALMIGHTY allowed her to live as she allowed my brother to live. 

 I can’t begin to tell you hard that was on me at the age of 8-9.  My Mother, the love of my life, was going into a type of surgery in which no one had ever lived.  What does a Mother say to a son before she goes to sleep?  Knowing that the possibility is 99.5 % that you are not going to wake up...  It was Yesterday for me.   That is between us…

The end of the Story, Mom was fortunate to have Woman Friends in the Marine Corps from all over the World.  Marines Deploy all over the world and she had friends from Italy, Spain, Japan, Morocco, and New Orleans to name a few, … You get the picture. 

What the women did back then, as they do now, was cook and spend time together while their husbands were deployed.  They were at a different house every night.  Eating from the table of a German, Italian, Spanish, or Cajun cook…  You get the picture.  I have the best recipes in the world, from Toulon France to Haifa Israel,  in my head, taught to me by my Mother.  These were taught to her from the women that lived in these countries prior to meeting and marrying Marine Corps Pilots.

I love to cook because of my mother.  She was so patient and KIND with me.  My father had rubbed off on her by this time.  It is amazing to me how a marriage works...  By writing this I understand the verse even better now… and the two shall become one."

They were perfect together. 

In HIS Grip!



Scott Jacks
SAP Logistics Analyst
Phillips 66  420 Keeler Ave. - PB 764-03
Bartlesville, Ok  74003-6670
(w) 918-977-5040
(c)  918-815-0934
(f)   918-977-6035

k.scott.jacks@P66.com

No comments:

Post a Comment