Friday, October 12, 2018

We went to Grand Isle yesterday--it was flooded so we couldn't get all the way to the end--but it was fun.  We picked up seashells and I found wonderful driftwood.  On to Dolphin Island and then home again today or tomorrow.

It has been wonderful.  I just wanted to see the salt water again, so Pat drove me.  Sugar cane plantations being harvested, Spanish moss waving from the live oak trees, the Mississippi river, boats and ships on every bayou, streams with draw bridges, Locks to raise and lower the water levels, and of course the water and the shore of the Gulf.  The smell of salt water, kelp washed up on the beach from the intensity of the hurricane.  Louisanna is not like Oklahoma.

I just regret that we couldn't get to Pensacola.  I started my married life in Pensacola and wanted to go back.  But hurricane Michael stopped everything up east of New Orleans.  I think the only way for me to do that is to fly to New Orleans and rent a car to drive the rest of the way.  Pat only gets 5 days at a time.  She will take me where ever I want to go.

We've had a lot of fun.  Shrimp, crab, oysters--the only thing we didn't get to eat was lobster.

Next time.

I'll write next week.
'

No comments:

Post a Comment