Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Becky is always bringing me presents--it's her love language.  She likes to get them, and she likes to give them.

Last night she brought me a bracelet.  I reminded her that I can't wear bracelets.  "You can wear this one," she told me.

"Thank you," I said.  "It's sweet of you, but my skin is like crepe paper, it will scratch my skin. " I told her.

"Not this one," she replied.

And sure enough, the inside of the bracelet was perfectly smooth.  "It has a magnetic clasp which you can manage," she added.  I can't clasp a bracelet because my fingers won't do what they are supposed to do any more.

It turned out that my wrists and hands are so small that I can just slip it off.  I wore it for the rest of the evening after she left because I forgot I had it on.  It was that smooth.

This is the first bracelet I have worn in a zillion years.  I put it back on this morning and can't even tell I have it on.  Go figure.

Why do women wear bracelets.  The Egyptian artifacts show that women wore bracelets way back then.  A bunch at a time.

I never did.  They rattled when I played the marimba, and sometimes I even caught the end of the mallets in the bracelets.

I'm going to give it another try.   I still don't know why women want to wear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment