Friday, September 13, 2019

Never say never.  A year ago in August when I moved across the street to this new house, there was so much to do that I piled all the leftovers in the garage and thought I would clean it up the next month.

Which never came.  But this week, a year later, I am finally on it.  I have moved a zillion items, changed storage shelves from one side to the other where they won't be in the way, and swept leaves and dirt out from under them.

I feel restored.  Maybe I will feel like it's my house because I will know where everything is.

I don't put much stock in houses.  If you move, you take the things that make up your home with you.  The people are what counts most--which I don't have.  Then your familiar things.  And of course--the dog.  

Squig has been helping me.  He is calm today because I had to give him dog meds last night.  He's still drowsy.  It was raining and he was frantic.  He couldn't stop shaking. 

Once I get the garage done, I might can discipline myself to hang the rest of the pictures that have been lying on the bed in the guest room.

It's hard to motivate yourself when there is nobody else in the house.  I would just as soon sit down and read a book.

But then, there is the verse that says, "Whatsoever your hand findeth to do, do it with all your might."  Sometimes I have the thought that if I hadn't memorized so much scripture, I wouldn't feel guilty about so many things.  But then I'm reminded, "To whom much is given, much is required."  God has been good to me.  I'm actually glad I have scripture in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment