Tuesday, January 9, 2024

 It was hard to go to sleep last night with the picture of that wreck in my mind.  We came so close to death there wasn’t even time to touch the brakes.  “God is an ever present help in times of trouble.”  He sends his angels to protect us.

I am transcribing Ken’s letters from Vietnam onto the computer.  It is a huge job, even though I am only writing the lines that would be interesting in the book--not too many since his days ran into each other for thirteen months.  He was so lonesome.  I am almost half way through and it is like slugging through quicksand trying to decide what to keep and what not to keep.

And then...I will start editing and trying to make it into a story that a person would want to read--which is the hard part.  Carolyn keeps telling me that writing is hard when you do it right.  And she is an expert--having been an English teacher for over 30 years.  Oh how many papers she had to grade.  I would have pulled my hair our one hair at a time.  Anyway, I am trying to do a month of letters a day from December, 1966 to January, 1968.  Thirteen months.  I’ve found that I can only do a half a month at a time so it is going to take me awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment