Wednesday, January 31, 2024

I am going to Pryor on Saturday and will be signing books between 11AM and 1 PM---The new book about my brother, “The Macau Mavrick.”  I hope to see you there.  I probably won’t be back to Pryor again that I know of.    

Because....I have to get someone to drive me.  Friends and family don’t want me on the road in case the car breaks down.  I understand that, but I don’t like it.  As you age, you lose more and more of your freedom because you can’t handle the consequences.

I don’t particularly like it, but I accept it.  I’ve always heard that youth is wasted on the young, and I think it is true.  Not because young people are at fault in any way, but because there is no way--when we are young--that we can appreciate our freedom and health.  We take it for granted because that is all we have known.  

Maybe aging is God’s way of making us accept the next step in our journey.  Maybe that’s why the promise that he gave us was that, in heaven, we would get a new body?  He could have promised a zillion other things, but when your earthly body is growing feeble, a new one is a rather attractive enticement.  And no---I am not depressed.  And I’m not ready to check out.  I’m just irritated with old age.   

No comments:

Post a Comment