Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I tried to drive to Tulsa today because I had two Dr. appointments that had been really hard to get.  Of course the roads were covered with ice.  And at a little over 30 mph, driving in ruts, I did a 180 plus another 90 and ended up in a ravine.  A highway patrol was there within a minute and helped me out.  No air bags deployed and I ended up going in backwards.  So nothing was hurt.  Me or the car.

As it was happening, I was saying out loud, "Dear Jesus, Oh, dear Jesus."  Over and over.  If I weren't a Christian, I doubt those words would have been my instantaneous reaction.  But there I was, spinning and calling on the name of the Lord.

Yes, I went on and made both appointments and all the roads were clear and melted off by the time I started home.  God is good.

Which made me think of the verse, "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."  What goes in comes out in times of panic.

What comes out of your mouth?  If you haven't been putting good stuff into your heart, you know the kind of stuff that comes out of your mouth.  We've all been there.  But no more.  Peter calls on us to be holy.  As Christ is holy.  It takes preparation ahead of time.  You can't wait until you need him.

My four children read this blog.  Not one word from any of you about how I should have stayed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment