Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I will be teaching the book of Hebrews for the next few weeks.  It begins with the verses (1-2) that I gave you yesterday…that God has spoken to us in the person of Jesus.  I wish I understood why God became man and dwelt among us, but I don't.  I can't imagine the kind of love that would stoop to our level when He is so far beyond us.  But he did.  He created us.  He must really love us.

Hebrews 1:3 explains just how much he gave up to come to earth.  "Who being the brightness of God's glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high."  Not only did he stoop to our level, he died for us.

We are such a mess.  Without God we stumble through life making every mistake imaginable.  There is a song that says, "…people need the Lord…, at the end of broken dreams, people need the Lord."  He alone is the solution for peace in our lives.

Today is my wedding anniversary and this is the first anniversary I will spend by myself.  58 years have gone by and I have no idea where those years went.  They evaporated.  I thank God for letting me share my life with Ken.  I talked to his sister who is 88 yrs. old last night and we reminisced about the first time I met her and her mother.  Now we are the only ones left who remember that Ken from 58 years ago, who was 26 yrs. old.  He was something.

I have such a thankful heart that he didn't get killed in war.  I am so thankful he came home to his children.  I am so thankful that we had so many years together.  How can you be sad when you are so blessed.  But I am sad.  I miss him and it can't be expressed.  Just felt.

Thank God that Jesus conquered death.  That we will live forever with him.  How do people bear living if they have no hope.   Christ is our hope.  There is more out there, and we are going to get to experience it with the ones we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment